BHGH VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
We would not be able to do our work without the support of volunteers, as you are partners and co-deliverers of our services. We need our communities to share our vision and take action to empower our scholars.
Join us in supporting our after-school programming on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays from 4-5 p.m. Being a Study Buddy consists of a one-hour commitment once or twice a week where you engage with a scholar on homework assistance, study habits, keeping students focused, playing games, or leading an activity. No experience required!
Build a long-term, one-on-one realtionship with a scholar through activities and weekly communication. Explore the museum, try a new restaurant, explore the farmers market, attend a game, or something else. Mentors must be 21 years of age, or older and commit to at least one year.
Do you have experience in tutoring, or are you able to teach a specific subject well? Come be a tutor with us! Most common times for tutoring are afterschool on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Thursday’s in-person; but, in some cases can be scheduled at other times or be virtual. STEM tutors are highly needed.
Join our office staff in helping with bulletin board decorating, email updating, data cleanup, and small office tasks. This opportunity is super flexible with opportunities being anytime Monday-Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. You can come once a week for one hour, or two; or find a schedule that works best for you!
Host an activity related to your workplace and share your professional journey with our scholars! Or, host our scholars at your workplace for a tour.
Reach out to us for additional information at [email protected].
Join an enthusiastic group of community ambassadors who impact and advocate for Arizona’s young people to become well-educated and career-ready. AB members enjoy social and fundraising events while enhancing their skills and networking.
Christmas Mart 2023
The Boys Hope Girls Hope Christmas Mart is a fantastic event where BHGH Scholars get to pick a toy or gift for their siblings and parents!
You can help by collecting new, unwrapped toys and gifts for all ages!
- Gifts need to be scheduled for a pick up or dropped off no later than November 30th. Christmas Mart will take place on December 7th.
- Gifts can be dropped off or shipped directly to BHGH at 3443 N Central Ave, Arcade 7, Phoenix, AZ 85012
- Gifts should be unwrapped
- Visit our Amazon Wishlist for gift ideas! CLICK HERE!
- Gift cards are always appreciated!
- McDonalds, Subway, In N Out, etc.
- Ross, Goodwill, Old Navy, Target
- Gas, Grocery, Drugstore
- Please consider hosting a toy drive! A great activity for your work or other civic groups. Collection boxes and marketing materials are available!
- Don’t have time to shop? Make a donation and BHGH will review scholar wish lists and do the shopping of you! This qualifies for the Charitable Tax Credit. See button below.
- Volunteer opportunities available for the day of Christmas Mart. A great corporate team holiday event!
Contact Ceci Hartke at [email protected] or 602-266-4873 to sign up!
Internships are integral as they provide BHGH scholars the opportunity to be exposed to a career that matches their academic and personal interests. Additionally, skills gained from practical experience will make them more valuable as a prospective employee as many interns go on to be hired by their internship company. Completing an internship allows BHGH scholars the opportunity to develop strong teamwork skills balanced with the ability to work independently. Through internships. BHGH are able to:
- Obtaining industry insights
- Building a strong resume
- Boosting confidence
- Showing employers initiative and the commitment to gaining experience in the field
- Gaining hands-on experience and networking with professionals
- Exploring the demands of the field while building their knowledge and understanding of the role
- Connecting to a network of professionals who can guide and advise on their career path.
Contact us at [email protected] for more information on having a BHGH scholar intern at your company.
BHGH Associate Board
The Boys Hope Girls Hope of Arizona Associate Board (AB) is an enthusiastic group of community ambassadors who impact and advocate for Arizona’s young people to become well-educated and career-ready. AB members enjoy social and fundraising events while enhancing their skills and networking.
Why join the Associate Board?
- To gain unparalleled insight and access to high quality, organized, and focused volunteer experience in an established, international organization
- To learn more about the vital work of advocacy
- To collaborate with schools, the community, corporations, other agencies, and the Board of Directors and staff as a change agent
- To enhance leadership skills
- To socialize and have fun!
What opportunities exist for Associate Board members?
- Creative project ideas
- Outreach and fundraising skills
- Financial and budgeting skills
- Group consensus-building, teamwork
- Leadership roles to benefit personal and professional life
- Program management
- Project and campaign management
- Public Speaking, Social, and networking events
Contact Ceci Hartke at [email protected] for more information becoming a member of this amazing group of young professonals!
WORK WITH PURPOSE
Are you passionate about giving hope and creating opportunities? Join our team!
Boys Hope Girls Hope is proud to employ mission-driven professionals who are dedicated to utilizing their unique talents and skills to create opportunity and hope in the lives of each child that we call a Scholar. Whether its hands on with our Scholars or on deck in our Admin building, we would be thrilled to explore possibilities with you. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, a culturally competent and empowering environment, and the opportunity to have a deep and lasting impact.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
VIEW OUR OPEN POSITIONS
Together we can make amazing things happen.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining our Arizona team!
Please click on the position you would like to apply for, then click the Submit Resume button.
A new window will open and you’ll be prompted to fill in a short interest form and upload your documents.
A member of our Human Capital Management team will review your information.
If you are selected to move on as an applicant, you will be sent an invitation to fill out an application.
Our team will be in touch with you as quickly as possible!