WE’RE BEYOND A SHORT-TERM SOLUTION.
WE TAKE A LONG-TERM AND COMPREHENSIVE APPROACH.
Our program broadens the definition of family to include the community charged with guiding our youth toward the best versions of themselves. Boys Hope Girls Hope of Arizona provides holistic services to foster growth in our scholars and to cultivate their innate resilience.
serve in the community
persist in college
participate in extracurriculars
receive college scholarships
of graduates go to college
We support our scholars from adolescence through college graduation and beyond, offering a holistic spectrum of programming that evolves with the age and needs of youth.
The Boys Hope Girls Hope experience includes:
- Long-term interaction with other college-bound scholars and highly-trained team members through high school graduation
- Attending a local, academically-challenging, college-preparatory partner school
- Goal-setting, mentoring, and tutoring as well as emotional, spiritual and academic support
- Learning life, character, and leadership skills, and growing in one’s own faith
- Extracurricular activities and opportunities, including a focus on service to others
- College planning, visits, transition, and assistance with scholarship funds
- Room and board
- Networking with business professionals, including Boys Hope Girls Hope alumni
Boys Hope Girls Hope Program Pathways
Round-the-clock, out-of-home placement providing support in a dynamic, nurturing environment where coaching and college-preparatory educational experiences are available. Holistic support for scholars who will thrive best in a different environment.
Year-round, out-of-school support, mentoring, and college-preparatory educational experiences for scholars who can live at home but require additional resources.
Collegian & Alumni
We not only prepare our scholars for aspects and challenges of the college experience but continue to provide academic, social, emotional and financial support through college graduation and into their first career.
WHO WE SERVE
We serve young people with grit and determination needing access and opportunity. Need includes a variety of tough situations such as poverty, family stress, parent/guardian illness, neighborhood violence or underperforming schools—most anything that would create significant barriers to a child reaching his or her full potential.
- Male & Female Scholars
- Ages 10 through College Graduation
- (10-14 at admission)
- Capable of Rigorous Academic
- College-Preparatory Work
- Need for a long-term, value-centered, nurturing setting
- Volunteers for program, understands and accepts expectations
- Relates positively to others
- Has a family or guardian that is supportive and willing to adhere to program expectations
See how Boys Hope Girls Hope is prioritizing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
My Road is Boys Hope Girls Hope’s innovative online learning experience which consists of a journey of activities, assessments, and benchmarks that ensure scholars are developing academically, emotionally, socially, and spiritually in preparation for college, career, and life.
THE BOYS HOPE GIRLS HOPE NETWORK
There’s power in numbers. As a part of the Boys Hope Girls Hope Network, our scholars benefit from programming, resources, partnerships, research, scholarship funds, and shared best practices. Our program uniquely offers a combination of deep local impact and the benefit of diverse international perspectives and interactions. Our scholars, collegians, alumni and team members come together with other impact-driven individuals, maximizing opportunities to share, support, solve problems, and serve.
Our Network includes Boys Hope Girls Hope Network Headquarters and 16 affiliates in the US and Latin America. All Boys Hope Girls Hope affiliates ascribe to the same research-supported Program Model and Theory of Change. We’re proud of the support, and connections we receive from our Network!