We’re Looking for Motivated Young People with Grit and Determination
Know of someone you’d like to nominate for the program? Here’s why you should consider:
Our program is designed to help motivated young people who need the space to thrive with a sturdy foundation for success. We enhance the education of our scholars by providing individualized guidance and maintaining stability and structure in a nurturing environment. Each scholar participates in many enrichment opportunities to support academic and personal development. The Boys Hope Girls Hope experience is a long-term, voluntary, holistic scholarship program your nominee is sure to succeed with.
Applicants for Boys Hope Girls Hope must be:
- Ambitious and motivated, and have positive goals and a cooperative work ethic
- Capable of thriving in an academically rigorous setting and completing challenging coursework; free from behavioral or substance abuse issues and learning disabilities
- Willing to adapt to Boys Hope Girls Hope’s value-centered environment and embrace high expectations in showing concern for others
- From a family that is willing to collaborate with the program team and accompany their child on the journey to academic achievement and personal growth
- In need of access to a quality education, with family or community factors that impede academic and personal success
Guardian Provides Information
Review of Academics and Records
Affiliate Site Visits
Assessment & Evaluation
Final Admission Decision
BOYS HOPE GIRLS HOPE ADMISSIONS
Scholars in the BHGH Academy Program are referred and selected during their 5th-grade year and will begin programs the summer before their 6th-grade year.
All middle school scholars attend our partner school, St. Francis Xavier School.
ACADEMY RECRUITMENT TIMELINE
School Year 2024-2025
January 25th and 27th
Week of April 3rd
Family is integral to every scholar’s success.
Partnership with parents and guardians is essential to the Boys Hope Girls Hope program. We work closely with families and include parents in goal setting and decisions related to their scholars’ health, well-being and academic achievement. Scholars who join the program are expanding their family-like network to include other Boys Hope Girls Hope scholars, collegians, alumni team members, and mentors from the community.
Although Boys Hope Girls Hope of Arizona is not a traditional family service agency, many parents and guardians benefit from services provided by the program, including information on, and referral to, community resources, parenting guidance, crisis intervention and informal counseling.