Refer A Child
Do you know a child or youth who has great potential and needs an opportunity? Nominate him or her to join our program and become a part of the Boys Hope Girls Hope family network. Use this information as a guide.
- Grit, ambition, and motivation coupled with positive goals and a cooperative work ethic
- Capacity to thrive in an academically rigorous setting and complete challenging coursework
- Willingness to adapt to our family-like environment and embrace high expectations for pro-social behavior
- Demonstrated readiness on the part of the guardian to collaborate with program personnel and accompany their child on the journey to academic achievement and personal growth
- Significant need for services, evidenced by community and family risk factors, and lack of access to quality education
- Free from serious academic, emotional, or behavioral difficulty
- Scholars and families must be committed to participate in all aspects of this long-term college-preparatory program
- Scholars in our Academy Program are referred and selected during their 5th grade year and will begin programs the summer before their 6th grade year.
- All middle school scholars attend our partner school, St. Francis Xavier School.
ACADEMY RECRUITMENT TIMELINE 2019-2020
December 9th – Referrals Due
January 8th or 11th – Attend Parent Information Session and receive an application.
January 24th – Application due to Boys Hope Girls Hope
Week of March 16th – Final admission decisions
- Scholars often begin the Residential Program at the beginning of their 8th – 10th grade year.
- For 2020-2021 school year, we will be accepting 1 new female and 3 new male scholars.
- All high school scholars attend on of our partner schools:
Brophy College Preparatory (males)
Xavier College Preparatory (females)
St. Mary’s Catholic High School (co-ed)
Bourgade Catholic High School (co-ed)
RESIDENTIAL RECRUITMENT TIMELINE 2019-2020
March 13th – First round referrals due
By March 27th – Schedule a tour and receive an application
April 10th – First round applications due
Week of May 13th – Final admission decisions
**Second Round of Residential Program referrals may be considered after due date based on space availability.
Parents/Guardians as Partners
Partnership with parents and guardians is essential to the Boys Hope Girls Hope program. Scholars who join the program are expanding their family to include us, and the best support systems include biological and adoptive families, BHGH staff, and mentors from the community.
Although Boys Hope Girls Hope of Arizona is not a traditional family service agency, many parents and guardians benefit from services provided by the program, including information on, and referral to, community resources, parenting guidance, crisis intervention and informal counseling.
As a parent or guardian, please contact email@example.com for information regarding your relationship with and expectations from Boys Hope Girls Hope.